You are working on your desktop computer.
Look for the "Read Online" or "eBook Full Text" links. Also, most eBook providers allow you to take notes online, and will store your notes if you have an account with them.
You want to read the eBook on your mobile device or tablet.
Bluefire Reader, the recommended reading app for downloaded eBooks, allows you to take notes and export them* when you are done with the eBook.
*Make sure to export your annotations before the checkout period expires.*
While you can download an eBook to your desktop computer and read it within Adobe Digital Editions, it does not permanently store your notes. Once the checkout period for the eBook expires, any notes you took within Adobe Digital Editions will disappear.
You are set! Your account is tied to your MSU network login – no need to create an account.
- Get an Adobe ID
- Download Adobe Digital Editions to your computer
- Authorize Adobe Digital Editions with your Adobe ID
- Authorize eReader with Adobe ID
- Connect eReader to computer
- Launch Adobe Digital Editions on your computer
- Adobe Digital Editions should prompt you to authorize your eReader with your Adobe ID