Murray State University has subscribed to Quality Matters (QM), a non-profit organization focused on helping faculty with continuous improvement of online and blended courses.
Quality Matters created a research-based rubric to help faculty determine the quality of their online and blended course design.
Subscription Benefits includes (but are not limited to):
- Access to the QM fully-annotated higher education rubric.
- Access to the web-based automated rubric tools, for informal (unofficial/internal/ self) course reviews for the development and improvement of online or blended courses.
- Discounts on QM professional development, official QM-managed course reviews, conferences, and events.
- Ability to create MyQM accounts which gives all faculty and staff access to our tools and resources and their personal QM Activity, including certificates of training and/or course certification.
Access the QM Automated Rubric Tool
Faculty may conduct self-reviews of their online courses using the QM’s self-review tool. These reviews will be seen by only the faculty who conducts the self-reviews (unless the faculty decides to share the reviews). There is no limit on the number of self-reviews that each faculty may conduct. To access the self-review tool, complete the following steps:
- Visit www.qualitymatters.org
- Create a MyQM account: Click on the MyQM link (located at the bottom left of the Quality Matters home page)
- Enter your Murray State email address. If you have an existing QM account, you may sign in or request a new password if needed. Alternatively, you may check "No, I am new here" and follow the prompts to create an account.
- Once your account is created, you may access the self-review tool by clicking on the following links that are located on the left menu: My Tools → Course Review System, and then select Start a Self-Review (from the bulleted list below the Welcome message).