What we do for you:
- Access Services manages interlibrary loan services for Murray State University faculty, staff and students.
- Access Services helps users obtain books, periodical articles, and other media that are not available at Murray State University Libraries.
- On average, articles delivered via electronic delivery take 1-3 days to arrive while books & media in hard copy take an average of 6-12 days to arrive.
- Patrons will only be charged a fee if items cannot be borrowed free (please indicate the amount you are willing to pay when requesting the item via our Interlibrary Loan system.)
- Users will be notified by email that material has arrived for them.
Using Interlibrary Loan to get what you need:
- You will use your myGate credentials to log in to the Interlibrary Loan system.
- Once you have accessed your account, you will be able to request materials two different ways -- first, directly from library databases by using the service, and secondly, by completing a blank request form on your ILL account. Fill out one request form per request and click “Submit Request.”
- You may track your material from time submitted to time received along with past request information.
- You may also renew your ILL materials online:
- Logon to the Interlibrary Loan system at https://1165.account.worldcat.org/profile/
- Select an item to renew by clicking on the Request ID of the item.
- Click the “Renew” button. If the "Renew" button is not next to your request, that item is unable to be renewed.
How we Deliver Items to You:
- Main Campus Faculty/Staff, Undergraduate or Graduate Students -- All hardcopy formats will be held for you at the Access Services office in Waterfield Library
- Extended Campus - All hardcopy formats will be mailed to your designated campus for pick-up and return
- Faculty / Staff / Students -- Electronic Delivery - Most articles will arrive via electronic delivery through your interlibrary loan account. You may receive an article via your Murray State email address.