Murray State University
200 Pogue Library
Murray, Kentucky 42071
FAX (270) 809-6153
Collection Title: Accounting Ledgers
Series Number: RG028-11-47
Department: Accounting and Financial Services
Processed and Cataloged by: Processed by Dieter C. Ullrich in October 2011
Date Listed: October 11, 2011
Date Span: 1923-1970
Size of Collection: 15 linear feet
Number of Boxes: 19 oversized ledger boxes and 2 loose ledgers
Type of Material: Accounting ledgers
Condition of Material: Good
Arrangement: Organized by size of ledger; chronological arrangement
Historical Information: Accounting and Financial Services Office was first established at Murray State Teachers College (presently Murray State University) as the Business Office in 1930. Prior to that date the school accounting records were kept by the President and Dean’s Office. The Business Office later became part of Auxiliary Services and then reorganized and separated into Accounting and Financial Services.
Scope and Content: Collection consists of bound ledgers produced by the accounting offices of Murray State Normal School, Murray State Teachers College, Murray State College and Murray State University from 1923 to 1970. The collection contains records of cash receipts and expenditures (1923-1948), check registers (1923-1953), state appropriations (1940-1957), Athletics Department receipts (1935-1954), Norris Student Loan Fund (1925-1970) and various records on disbursements, allotments and encumbrances (1960-1965).
Subject Headings / Descriptors:
Murray State University. Accounting and Financial Services.
Murray State University – History.
Murray State University – Finance.
Murray State University – Administration.
Inventory of Collection
Accounting and Financial Services Offices
Inventory by Dieter C. Ullrich