The Racer Writing Center will be closed June 25 at 12 pm until August 24. We look forward to working with you in the fall. Enjoy your summer.
Main Floor of
9 AM - 5 PM
Tue & Thu Extended Hours
5 -8 PM
The RWC would like to thank those who
give us feeback so that we can keep improving for YOU.
We have created a new program
to help those with QUICK issues such as:
All you have to do is:
provide a copy of your work (digital or printed),
sign up at the RWC door during designated hours,
and work with a consultant.
This is a first-come, first-served program in which we will work with each and every client one-on-one so that he/she may get the most out of each consultation. A consultant will sit down with you and look at your paper to give you techniques on how to fix it. We welcome all clients, but this program is designed specifically for those with issues that can be looked at quickly, taking up to 15 minutes of time. For example, students with only thesis statements, one or two paragraphs, one-page papers, or those who need help with idea generation or citations will benefit the most.
If you need help with a paper longer than 1 or 2 pages, please make an appointment so that you and your consultant will have enough time to review the whole assignment.
To get a general idea of our services, check out this SHORT video!
The Racer Writing Center helps students, faculty, and staff from all disciplines become more effective, more successful writers. We believe that learning to write well is a rewarding, but complicated process and that all writers—no matter how competent—can improve. The Racer Writing Center, therefore, provides a setting where writers share and discuss their work with knowledgeable, attentive readers who provide clients with concrete examples and strategies for improving grammar, content, argumentation, and presentation. Our methods—multi-faceted, flexible, and above all, collaborative—reflect our dedication to the individual writer, whose talents, voice, and academic and professional goals are central to all our endeavors. In this ongoing process of learning, we serve the entire campus community by aiding in the development of critical thinking, analytical, and written communication skills.
To fulfill this mission, the Racer Writing Center offers—
· trained, supportive consultants from a variety of areas of study who work one-on-one with students at all levels and in all disciplines at every stage of the writing process
· an online space providing instructional materials
· short-term, non-credit workshops about academic writing
· a non-credit certificate program in writing to those students who attend the requisite number of writing workshops
· reference materials about academic writing, for use by students, faculty, and staff
· a Writer’s Hotline (telephone and email) to address simple grammatical and mechanical issues
· contact information for professional editors and tutors