The general Circulation Policies for the university libraries follow below. The desk where you check-out materials is called the Circulation Desk, and is located to the left, just inside the library’s front door.You will need your student ID. If you have forgotten your ID, you can ask for items to be held for a brief period at that desk, until you can return with it.
Items that can be borrowed (Valid MSU ID card required):
- Circulation Collection
- Books & maps available on Waterfield Library's Lower Level
- Items are checked out at the Circulation Desk on the Main Level
- Media Collection
- Video tapes, audio tapes, CD's, CD-ROM's, DVD's, etc. available in the Media Room on Waterfield Library's Main Level
- Media items are checked out at the Circulation Desk
- Media items are checked out for 21 days to all users
- Course Reserve materials
- Items on reserve for instructors available at the Circulation Desk
- Items may be checked out for a limited time
- Laptop Computers, for use in the library only
- eReader , see eBook Reader User policy
- iPod, see IPod User policy
Undergraduate: up to 50 books for 28 days
Graduate: up to 50 books for 60 days
Faculty/Staff: up to 100 books for 120 days
Media items: up to 10 items for 21 days (all patron groups)
Items that may not be borrowed
- Periodicals from either Waterfield or Pogue libraries
- Waterfield Library -- Reference Collection
- Pogue Library -- Special Collections
- Pogue Library -- Overby Law Library Collection
Renewing Library Books or media Items
- Go to RACERTrac. Click on the “My Account” button at the top of the page
- Log-in by selecting barcode or institutional ID (this should be your M#).
- Under “Charged Items” you will find a list of the items you have checked out, when they are due and the option to mark them for renewal.
- Remember to “logout” when you are finished.
- This may be done once. Items can be renewed a second time by phone (call the Circulation Desk at 270-809-4990) or in person.
“Reserves” are materials set aside by your teachers for the entire class. These items are available for check out at the circulation desk during normal working hours.Reserve materials can be found HERE.
RACERtrac provides three (3) ways to access your instructor's reserve material: by instructor's name, department, and course number. After locating the appropriate materials visit the Circulation Desk to check out the material.
Material includes books, audio and video cassette tapes, DVDs, compact discs, CD-ROMs, and photocopies of periodical articles or chapters of books. All items on reserve are kept at the circulation desk in Waterfield Library and may circulate for limited loan periods during normal working hours.