BLITZ WEEK 2018!
The Faculty Development Center will host its annual Blitz Week on January 8 -11, 2018. This year, Blitz Week will feature one-hour workshops, panel, lightning sessions, and informational sessions about new MSU initiatives. Take a peek at some of the sessions that will be offered during the week. We will provide an official schedule and a link for you to register soon!
Sessions at a Glance!
- New Initiatives at MSU, Dr. Mark Arant, MSU Provost
- Publish and Flourish! Insights for Being a Productive Researcher, Guest Faculty (Dr. Kim Voss, Associate Professor, Journalism, University of Central Florida) and MSU faculty
- The Rise of Competency-Based Education and What it Means for Your Classroom, Dr. Teresa Clark, Assistant Professor, P-20 and Community Leadership; and Dr. Landon Clark, Assistant Professor, Human Development and Leadership Program
- Lightning Session: Best Practices for Teaching and Learning, MSU faculty from different disciplines
- Grit, Growth Mindset, and Metacognition: Strategies to Promote Student Success, Dr. Cindy Clemson, Assistant Professor, Department of Adolescent, Career, and Special Education
- Service Learning Through the Disciplines: Ideas and Resources for Implementing Service Learning Projects in Your Course, Shawna Thomas, Coordinator of Service Learning; and Dr. Jennifer Morrison, Assistant Professor of Public Administration, Department of Political Science and Sociology
- Teaching Unplugged: Non-Tech Approaches to Engage Students, Dr. Melony Shemberger, Assistant Professor, Journalism and Mass Communication
- Getting Started with Visual Literacy: Using Images to Maximize Teaching and Learning, Dr. Dana Statton, Assistant Professor, University Libraries
- Quality Matters: An Introduction to the QM Online Course Review Process and Future Plans for Supporting and Funding Online Course Development and Revision at MSU, Dr. Firm Faith Watson, Director, Faculty Development Center; and Lisa Schmidt, Coordinator of Distance Learning & Special Academic Projects
- Google Apps: Strategies for Use in the Classroom and Beyond, Drs. Melony Shemberger; Dana Statton; and Leigh Wright, Assistant Professor, Journalism and Mass Communication
- Canvas Study Hall: Drop-in Opportunity for Canvas Help and Strategies, Peter Terry, Assistant Director, Academic Applications Solutions
When: January 8 - 11 (3 sessions per day: 9:00 - 10:00 am, 10:30 - 11:30 am, and 1:00 - 2:00 pm)