What we do for you:
- Access Services, formerly Interlibrary Loan (ILL), is a service for Murray State University faculty, staff and students.
- Access Services helps you obtain books, periodical articles, and other media that are not available at the MSU University Libraries.
- On average, articles delivered via electronic delivery takes 1-3 days to arrive. Book & media in hard copy takes 6-12 days to arrive.
- Patrons will only be charged a fee if items cannot be borrowed free. (Please indicate the amount you are willing to pay when requesting the item on ILLiad)
- Patrons will be notified by email that material has arrived for them.
Using ILLiad to get what you need:
- First, register within the ILLiad system. Go to the ILLiad homepage and complete the one-time “First Time User” profile information form.
- After completing the form, you will be able to request materials two different ways -- first, directly from library databases by using the service, and secondly, by completing a blank request form on your ILLiad page. Fill out one request form per request and click “Submit Request.”
- ILLiad allows you to track your material from time submitted to time received along with past request information.
- ILLiad also allows you to renew materials online:
- Logon to ILLiad
- Select an item to renew by clicking on the transaction number under the “Checked Out Items” tab
- Click the “Request Renewal” button, if the “Request Renewal” button is not available renewal will not be allowed
How we Deliver Items to You:
- Main Campus Faculty/Staff, Undergraduate or Graduate Students -- All hardcopy formats will be held for you at the Access Services office in Waterfield Library
- Extended Campus - All hardcopy formats will be mailed to your designated campus for pick-up and return
- Faculty / Staff / Students -- Electronic Delivery - Most all articles will arrive via electronic delivery through your ILLiad account.