Murray State University
200 Pogue Library
Murray, Kentucky 42071
FAX (270) 809-6153
Collection Title: Latin Club Ledger
Series Number: RG009-12-20
Department: Student Organizations
Processed and Cataloged by: Processed by Dieter C. Ullrich on August 31, 2012
Date Listed: August 31, 2012
Date Span: 1927-1937
Size of Collection: 0.25 linear feet
Number of Boxes: 1 legal half size document case
Type of Material: Ledger
Condition of Material: Good
Arrangement: Chronological arrangement
Historical Information: The Latin Club of Murray State Teachers College (presently Murray State University) was established on October 18, 1927. Its primary purpose was to "promote a knowledge of appreciation of the customs, life and literature of the Romans" at the college. In 1932, the organization renamed itself the Classical Club to broaden its appeal and increase membership. The club last met on May 4, 1937. A declining membership led to its demise in the fall of 1937.
Scope and Content: The collection consists of one bound ledger containing the constitution, by-laws and minutes of the Latin Club and Classical Club of Murray State Teachers College (presently Murray State University) from October 18, 1927 to May 4, 1937.
Subject Headings / Descriptors:
Latin Club. Murray State Teachers College.
Classical Club. Murray State Teachers College.
Murray State University – History.
College students – Kentucky – Societies, etc.