Office of Institutional Effectiveness
Welcome to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness' program assessment guide.
WEBSITE NAVIGATION: Click on the tabs above, or hover your mouse over each tab to see pages filed under each tab.
Please email or call (809-3341) us if you have any questions about the assessment process or if you have suggestions for improving this website.
Tuesday, October 1, 2013: 2013/14 Annual Assessment Plans are Due.
- Annual outcomes assessment plans for nonacademic units.
- Annual student learning outcomes assessment plans for academic programs. Beginning fall 2013, academic programs must report both formative and summative assessments of learning outcomes. For more information, click here.
Program outcomes reports (with data about student success such as retention, graduation, and job placement rates) are currently on hold until further notice. OIE is currently gathering data about student success for the program outcomes reports.
Please Note: Program outcomes reports are seperate from Student Learning Outcomes assessment reports.
- This is a new MSU assessment requirement for academic programs that was implemented to comply with the federal requirement that institutions evaluate success with respect to student achievement.
- These plans will be used to report indicators of student success such as retention, course completion, graduation, awards/accomplishments, job placement, etc.
- The Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE) is working with other offices on campus to provide information about student achievement (retention rates, graduation rates, job placement, etc.) to academic departments.
- For more information about this new requirement, click here.