Office of Institutional Effectiveness
For information about assessment workshops, click the link below.
Welcome to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness' program assessment guide.
Please email or call (809-3341) us if you have any questions about the assessment process or if you have suggestions about information we should include on our website.
Friday, April 26, 2013: Course Alignment Matrices for Certificate and Endorsement programs are due.
Monday, June 3, 2013: 2012/13 Assessment Reports for Academic and Nonacademic Programs are Due.
- Completed assessment reports for the 2012-13 academic year, including results and an explanation of program improvements, are due. (Assessment reports will be due in June this year because we need to submit all of the MSU assessment plans and reports to SACS-COC during the summer of 2013.)
Monday, September 16, 2013: Program outcomes reports (with data about student success such as retention, graduation, and job placement rates) are due.
- This is a new MSU assessment requirement for academic programs that was implemented to comply with the federal requirement that institutions evaluate success with respect to student achievement.
- The Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE) is is working with other offices on campus to provide information about student achievement (retention rates, graduation rates, job placement, etc.) to academic departments.
- For more information about this new requirement, click here.
Tuesday, October 1, 2013: 2013/14 Annual Assessment Plans are Due.
- Annual outcomes assessment plans for nonacademic units.
- Annual student learning outcomes assessment plans for academic programs.
- Annual program outcomes assessment plans for academic programs. These plans will be used to report indicators of student success such as retention, course completion, graduation, awards/accomplishments, job placement, etc.