Collection Title: Wells Hall Renovation Reports
Series Number: RG030-14-09
Department: Facilities Management
Processed and Cataloged by: Processed by Dieter C. Ullrich on May 22, 2014
Date Listed: May 22, 2014
Date Span: 1976
Size of Collection: 0.25 linear feet.
Number of Boxes: 1 letter half size document case.
Type of Material: Reports and blue prints.
Condition of Material: Good.
Arrangement: Chronological arrangement.
Historical Information: Construction of Wells Hall at Murray State University was begun in late 1924, completed in the fall of 1925 and dedicated on November 6, 1925. It served as a women’s dormitory until it was closed for renovation in the fall of 1976. The building was rededicated on November 18, 1978 and currently houses the University’s administrative offices, including the President’s Office.
Scope and Content: Collection consists of proposals, bid instructions, technical specifications and blue prints of renovations to be conducted on Wells Hall at Murray State University in 1978. The reports were developed by the Division of Engineering, Department of Finance of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Subject Headings / Descriptors:
Murray State University. Wells Hall.
Murray State University – History.