Collection Title: Eastern Dark Fired Tobacco Growers Association Records
Processed and Cataloged by: No information listed.
Date Listed: Originally listed on June 27, 1970.
Date Span: 1936-1962 (bulk 1952-1958)
Size of Collection: 0.25 linear feet.
Number of Boxes: 1 legal half size document case.
Type of Material: Newspaper clippings, contracts and agreements.
Condition of Material: Good with some deterioration to newspaper clippings due to improper storage and lack of climate control.
Arrangement: Chronological arrangement.
Biographical / Historical Information: The Eastern Dark Fired Tobacco Growers Association was established as a non-profit organization in 1932 to insure the efficient production, warehousing and marketing of tobacco. The association currently represents over 14,000 Dark Fire-Cured and Dark Air-Cured tobacco producers and quota owners in north central Tennessee and south central Kentucky.
Scope and Content: Collection consists of contracts and agreements made with the Eastern Dark Fired Tobacco Growers Association from 1936 to 1962. The collection also contains newspaper clippings of General Manager Paul Rudolph’s dismissal of 1951, the sponsorship of the Kentucky – Tennessee Food Cooperative and the Association’s conversion to process and dehydrate food during the Second World War. The records include membership lists from 1950 to 1952, industry reports from the 1950s and 1960s and miscellaneous documents related to the growing and selling tobacco in Tennessee and Kentucky.
Subject Headings / Descriptors:
Eastern Dark Fired Tobacco Growers Association (Springfield, Tenn.)
Marketing cooperatives – Kentucky.
Marketing cooperatives – Tennessee.
Tobacco – Kentucky – Marketing.
Tobacco – Tennessee – Marketing.
- Eastern Dark Fired Tobacco Growers Association Records 1936-1962
- Morris- Henry Charges
- Eastern Ass’n Contracts with (1) CCC (2) Warehouses (3) Redryers (4) Storage- various years- copies
Policy Register The Fire and Marine Underwriters Agency of The Automobile Insurance Company of Hartford, Conn.