Collection Title: Western Kentucky Area Council, AFL-CIO Records
Processed and Cataloged by: Originally processed by Cecilia Droege in 1970.
Date Listed: July 15, 2010
Date Span: 1957-1970
Size of Collection: 2.0 linear feet.
Number of Boxes: 4 legal size document cases.
Type of Material: Correspondence, reports, membership lists and ephemera.
Condition of Material: Good.
Arrangement: Organized by subject of material; Chronological arrangement.
Biographical / Historical Information: The Western Kentucky Area Council became a regional labor council of the AFL-CIO soon after the merger of the American Federation of Labor and the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955. The organization presently operates as a state federation of labor to improve the lives of working families and to bring economic justice to the workplace.
Scope and Content: Collection consists of correspondence, financial reports and membership lists of the Western Kentucky Area Council of the AFL-CIO from 1957 to 1970. The records contain information on union leadership and activities in west Kentucky during the latter part of the 1950s to early 1960s. Collection includes national, state and regional newsletters and other publications related to the AFL-CIO and the Western Kentucky Area Council.
Subject Headings / Descriptors:
Western Kentucky Area Council, AFL-CIO (Paducah, Ky.)
Labor unions – Kentucky – Jackson Purchase.
- Official Delegates
- Young- Incoming
- Community Service Activities Leo Perlis, Director 9 East 40th Street, N.Y. 16 N.Y. Morray Hill 6-4646
- Education Committee
- Kentucky State Building and Con- 4017 Dixie Highway, Louisville Ky
- Special Institute March 1964
- Mailing List July 1963
- Howard Durham
- Industrial Development Asso. Paducah, Kentucky
- Ezell, Sam (see) Kentucky AFL-CIO
- Letters rec. by WKAC
- Committee Assignments
- Industrial Union Department
- International Efforts of Labor
- Group Research Report 1963-1964
- Special Institute Adds
- Department of Legislation Mr. Andrew J. Biemiller, Director 815 Sixteenth Street N.W. Phone- National 8-3870
- Financial Report
- Committee Appointed by Hugh 1960-1961-1962-1963
- Eddie Osborn
- Merger AFL-CIO
- Executive Board AFL-CIO Area Council
- C.L.U. Dissolvement Reports
- Correspondence (Durham)
- Convention AFL-CIO 1963
- Hugh Owen
- Miscellaneous Labor information